Ok, I haven't done the best job at making my updates but that HAS to change. Life has been full of wonderful news the past few months:
1. One of my best friends, Katie, is expecting a baby boy this Thursday, September 30th! Both mom and baby are doing well but we're all excited to meet little Thomas and get him brought into this world!
2. Erin accepted a new job and moved up to Minnesota. While I am sad that she has moved I couldn't be more thrilled for her and the promotion. Hoping she has a wonderful time in the city and has many new adventures.
3. Brooke and Troy celebrated their 5 year wedding anniversary in August. Congratulations to such a wonderful couple and close friends.
4. Took a trip to Vegas with the girls and then headed to California with Doug to visit family. Had an absolute blast on both vacations.
5. We adopted another Great Dane. Sophie now has an 11 week old buddy to call brother. His name is Jeter and he is full of energy but a very good boy!
6. We put together another team for this years Des Moines Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Our team name is Friends.Love.Cure and I can't wait to have my mom walking with me this year now that she is a breast cancer survivor <3
7. Brooke introduced me to a church opportunity called ALPHA. I'm in my second of nine weeks and am having a wonderful time exploring my faith and possibly joining a new church - very exciting!!!
8. Pam, Doug's sister, and her boyfriend Jared put an offer on a house in Alaska. It has beautiful views of the mountains and we look forward to visiting them in 2011.
9. Paul is in another play opening this Friday at the Tall Grass Theater in Des Moines. Last year he was awarded the Male Actor of the Year award.
10. Last, but not least, Parker and I found out in August that we are expecting. We look forward to welcoming baby Parker - affectionatley named Noodle for now - into the world around April 21st.
So, there is a brief update on all the amazing things happening for our family and friends. I've set myself a weekly calendar reminder to update our blog...keeping my fingers crossed