Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ugh.....Not enough time!



Thanks Aunt Susie for reminding me that I do indeed have a blog......it's been almost a month since my last post!


Things have been going very well and I can't believe how fast the summer has flown by. We've enjoyed a lot of our friends getting married the past month and look forward to another wedding this weekend. I keep asking Doug if he's getting cold feet ;)


Mom is doing well and has her surgery scheduled for next Wednesday, August 12th. Then it will be meetings with the Oncologist and chemo treatments are scheduled.


Doug has shoulder surgery on July 15th and things have been going well for him. He is now doing therapy on his shoulder and hopes to have his sling off by August 28th. The hardest part of all this is to remind him not to use his arm!


Football tryouts for the Iowa Thunder have started, can't believe we are already starting for the 2010 season. We are looking forward to college football starting in September and seeing friends. We have lots of weekend travels planned between Ames and Iowa City for the games.


Doug and I purchased a Nissan Pathfinder this past Saturday and we named her Big Red - yep, Doug got me a red vehicle...I think he's starting to come over to the good side (Go Cyclones!). We've enjoyed the extra space but Sophie isn't too sure about riding in the gigantic back end by herself just yet. I do find myself feeling like I'm driving a "momma" car, well, it will become that one of these days.


We are officially 100 days away from our wedding and cannot wait to head down to Vegas. Next month we have engagement pictures, wedding shower, invitations and cake decisions to complete. These next three months will fly!


Hope you are all doing well and maybe it won't be another month till I get this updated next time!




ps. Doug took me to Josephs over the weekend to see my wedding set that came in, absolutely stunning. He's too good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers